- Is my date available? – I cannot stress how important it is to ask this! Call before you tour the facility, so no time is wasted on a place that does not work for the event.
- Are there any other events scheduled that day? – If there are other events it is important to know how many people, will there be loud music, and if each event’s guests would co-mingle.
- How much does the venue cost? – Rates may vary throughout the week and are typically more expensive on weekends and holidays.
- Are there any hidden costs? – Not all, but some venues have hidden costs. For example, charging an extra $500 for using an outside caterer that is not on their preferred list.
- What’s the cancellation policy? – We all know life happens, so the event may need to be cancelled or rescheduled Make sure you have a clearly written out cancellation policy.
- Who will be our point person before and during the event? – Some venues have an onsite event planner that can assist you, but others expect you to be responsible for it all.
By asking these questions you will have a good grasp of whether or not the venue is the place for your special event. Think we missed any? Share with us in the comments section your “must ask” questions when selecting a venue.