Internet video traffic will be 70% of all global consumer internet traffic in 2017 according to WordStream. With this statistic in mind, engaging your potential attendees via an online video is a smart way to promote your next event. After all, if a picture is worth a thousand words-a great video is priceless!
Eventbrite has six tips to engage individuals with video promotion.
- Know the Audience– The video needs to be well targeted, relevant and enjoyable. Focus on what would appeal best to the potential attendees of your event.
- Video Length– If your audience ranges between 35-54 years of age you should plan for a video that hits the 30 seconds mark. If you’re wanting to advertise to millennials, about 10 seconds is all you’ll need.
- Silent Viewings– Your video should still be understandable, even with the volume off. Capturing audience attention within the first few seconds is key to success.
- CTA– If you’re goal is to get people to your event, end the video with a strong call to action so that viewers know what it is you want of them.
- Upload Directly– Upload your video directly to individual social media platforms. Videos uploaded directly end up achieving maximum reach and engagement.
- Facebook– Use Facebook to build your audience. You can promote your video on Facebook at a cost-efficient price.
Have you used an online video to promote your events? Let us know how it worked for your event marketing strategy in the comments section below.