Did you know the average amount of Snaps sent per day from Snapchat users is around 3 billion, according to recent statistics? With just over 301 million active monthly users, Snapchat Geofilters can increase live event brand reach, improve event attendee engagement, and facilitate social media conversation. The Bizzabo Blog has guidelines on how to make your very own unique Geofilter. Take a look at five tips we think you should consider.
- Personal or Business – Help your client determine which Geofilter category their event would fall under. Choose personal Geofilters for events such as graduation celebrations, bachelorette parties, and weddings. For business Geofilters, use your trademarks or branded logos so people can see what all the buzz is about.
- Location– Decide where the Geofilter should be set up. Snapchat users are able to set a minimum Geofilter area of 200,000 square feet, with a maximum of 5,000,000 square feet.
- Cost– There are two variables when it comes to Geofilter cost. The size of the “geo fence” (square footage) and the duration of the campaign. Choose what works best for your budget or your company’s budget. Pro tip: Offset costs by offering the event Geofilter as a potential sponsored item.
- Design– Create something that is unique and that event goers will want to use. Look into working with a graphic designer for creating a business filter; however, if you want to design the Geofilter yourself, check out this helpful article.
- Promotion– Create a Snapchat account specifically for the event and encourage attendees to connect. In addition, use the event filter on your own personal Snapchat to get your followers interested.
Have you created a Snapchat Geofilter for an event before? Share your advice for creating the perfect Geofilter in the comment section below!